It is our opinion that this Sibley tent is simply the most durable tent in the world in its kind for these reasons:
- It is the only tent in its kind that is 100% made in Europe: fabric, coating, stitching, groundssheet, tread, poles, ...
- It is made out of super durable 100% cotton fabric. Fabric designed and made in Belgium in collaboration with UTEXBEL, world leader in woven fabrics through innovation and quality.
- It has the best possible coating against mould, water and UV rays we know of. Developed and made in Belgium in collaboration with UTEXBEL and the University of Ghent.
- The fabric is truly refractory. It is not just a little fire retardant, but actually fire proof according to the strictest European and American rules and regulations. Certified: M2, B1 and CPAI-84. Consequently, this is the only Sibley tent in the world suitable for use in CA, LA, MA, MI, MN, NJ, and NY.
- This tent also features a fully waterproof shell that is permanently attached to the tent. The groundsheet feels soft to the touch, and yet, it is extremely durable (ripstop PVC of 650 g/m²).
- Sibley 500 Diamond Fire Tent: Ø 500 cm x 300/60 cm; 41 kg; 19,6 m² - 16.40 ft x 9.85/2 ft; 90 lbs; 210 ft²
- guy ropes & pegs for tent
- spring loaded steel tent poles: Ø 32 mm
- matching canvas carry bag
- instructions: download on this page
- insured shipment, 12 months warranty on canvas & 14 days 'not happy: money back' warranty
- The groundsheet is stitched to the tent and is made out of ripstop PVC of 650 g/m². This very high quality groundsheet feels soft to the touch but is very durable and of course 100% waterproof. You can pitch this tent in up to 5 inches of water without a single drop coming in.
- Heavy duty cotton canvas: 360 gr/m² without coating - 440g/m² with coating. Fabric and coating designed and made in Belgium in collaboration with UTEXBEL and the University of Ghent.
- Fabulous sand-like colour creating a warm and romantic vibe.
- Truly refractory. Not just a little fire retardant but actually fire proof according to the strictest European and American rules and regulations. Certified: M2, B1 and CPAI-84.
- It is the only Sibley tent in the world which is completely fire resistant. However, the breathing quality of the cotton diminishes after treatment. Consequently, the Sibley Diamond Fire is the only tent in which you can expect condensation to form on the inside.
- 100% Waterproof! Moreover, the material is treated to be super water, mould and UV resistant.
- This tent is very comfortable for 2 to 4 people, but easily sleeps 8 as 4 queen size beds can be fitted. Sleeps up to 12 kids.
- A-frame covered Entrance (178 cm/ 5.84 ft high). Unlike some Sibley tents this one has an A-frame entrance which creates a porch to stop the rain from coming in. Without this feature the tent would be harder to access and more likely to leak along the entrance flap.
- Zipped front door for fast access. The corners of the doors have a flap that allows power cables into the tent without having to make a hole or affect flood proofing.
- Can be fitted with our specially designed Sibley tent stoves or with your own stove and an 'Exit I' connecting piece.
- 2 windows complete with integrated mosquito nets.
- Takes 1 person only 5 to 10 minutes to pitch.
- Beautifully made quality built. Double stitching all around and reinforced key points.
- All packs down into a matching canvas bag small enough to go on the back of a motorbike or in a small trunk (90 cm x Ø 35 cm).
- 100% made in Europe!
- As the Sibley Diamond Fire tents do not have the necessary loops or velcro tabs, they cannot be equipped with mesh doors.
This is a high quality European spec Sibley tent. There are copies about but our tents are very different to the bright white imports from China and India.They have been fully tested to the European standards and carry the official kite mark to show for it.
This tent has been approved by Cotton Incorporated. ™The Seal of Cotton is a trademark of Cotton Incorporated.