Short Guy Poles
Short Guy Poles enable you to pitch a Sibley bell tent with shortened guy lines. Using these Guy Poles does not complicate maintaining a proper angle and tension. The SGP's are easy to use and ensure a solid pitch. The changes of tripping over guy lines are minimized as these can be as short as 50 cm.
- Want to pitch a bell tent without long guy lines taking up your camp space? You need some Short Guy Poles! New for 2017 and a CanvasCamp exclusive product.
- Sibley bell tents offer up tons of space, breathability, and are easy to pitch and are a favorite for glamping, families, friends, festivals, and basecamps. The single pole conical design of the bell tent relies on long, gently sloping guy lines that give the tent it’s shape and stability. Ideally guy lines are staked 4-6 feet away from the tent in line with the seams, a continuation of the angle of decent from the peak to the eaves all the way to the ground.
- Large diameter tents are excellent for glamping and accommodating larger groups or families, however, an additional 8-12 feet of space for appropriate guy line placement isn’t always available or convenient. Trying to fit a bell tent into a limited space at a campground or festival by shortening the guy lines and staking them closer to the tent than recommended changes the angle of the canvas and the tension on the tent. Cheating on guy line placement puts extra strain on the poles and can cause the peak to rip out, seams to pull, the canopy to baffle in the wind, and rain to run off into your tent.
- Enter Short Guy Poles (SGPs)! Roughly 2 feet long, these nickel-plated steal poles securely hold the guy line just beyond the eve at the correct angle and allow you stake your guy line just a foot away from the tent. The guy line tensioner should be half way between the ground and the tent, allowing you to make micro adjustments to keep the canvas taunt even as it settles and stretches during use.
- Every set of Short Guy Poles includes a custom carry bag and 14 poles, enough for any size Sibley.
- SGP’s have a smooth plastic notch on the top to hold the guy line securely without cutting or wearing on the rope. A hard plastic spike is inset into the bottom of the pole to provide traction on the ground and prevent slipping. The rounded cone shaped design of the traction spike allows the pole to be adjusted without bending it as you slide the top notch up or down the guy line, in order to fine tune the angle of the eave for proper rain runoff and prevent water from pooling.
- SGP’s are a CanvasCamp exclusive product designed specifically for Sibley tents, however, they should be compatible with most bell tents.
- SGP’s do not need to be used on every guy line. If you’re space only requires short guy lines on a few sides of the tent, feel free to use SGP’s in conjunction with traditional long-line pitches.
- For high wind conditions and long term use SGP’s may not be appropriate for all applications or users.
- 14 Short Guy Poles
- Custom Carry Bag