Sibley Bell Tent Fly - Green
Classy protection from dirt and UV-rays for Sibley bell tents! The Sibley tent winter fly is a lightweight nylon flysheet. Great for cold weather camping, the cover creates a sapce with blocked air that insulates your tent and helps regulate temperature. You will be able to keep your tent cooler on hot days and warmer on cold nights. The cover also allows you to protect your tent from rain and dirt. The summer fly, which keeps the sun's rays away from your tent, is made from the same fabric as our CoolAir sun shades. The cover allows you to protect your tent from bad UV rays, which will increase the lifespan of your tent.
The bell tent flysheet is lightweight, packs down easily and can be pitched on its own as a shelter or for shade with the Sibley's compatible poles.
What Fly will fit my bell tent?
- Fly 300: Sibley 300 ProTech
- Fly 400: Sibley 400 Pro & Sibley 400 ProTech, and Sibley 400 Ultimate
- Fly 450: Sibley 450 Pro & Sibley 450 ProTech, and Sibley 450 Ultimate
- Fly 500: Sibley 500 Ultimate, Sibley 500 Pro & Sibley 500 ProTech
- Fly 600: Sibley 600 Ultimate
- Fly 600 DD: Sibley 600 ProTech Double Door
- Fly 700 DD: Sibley 700 ProTech Double Door
- Fly 700 QD: Sibley 700 ProTech Quad Door
- Fly 800 DD: Sibley 800 ProTech Double Door
Designed specifically for bell tents, the Sibley Bell Tent Fly is a must have accessory for every bell tent owner.
Insulating: The fly helps regulate the temperature in your bell tent by creating dead air space insulation between the canvas and the fly. This dead air space helps keep your tent cooler in the summer by preventing the suns power rays from directly hitting your tent. In the winter the dead air space slows heat loss through the canopy. The fly is a must have for camping in extreme temperatures, like deserts and deep winter.
To take advantage of the insulating properties of the fly, we recommend staking the fly out 30-60cm (1-2 feet) further than your bell tent canopy stakes. You will need an additional set of stakes to accomplish this. Extra stakes required for each Fly Size:
When to use?
- Dirt & Rainprotect: Imagine you are camping in a forest area where there are many trees and birds around your bell tent. You love the natural scenery, but you also want to keep your tent clean and dry. You don’t want to deal with dead leaves, bird droppings, sap, or rain that can stain and damage your canvas.
- UV Protection: If you are camping in a desert area where the sun is very strong and the nights are cold, you can use the fly to keep your tent cooler during the day and warmer at night. The fly is made of lightweight nylon and can be pitched on its own as a shelter or a sunshade with compatible poles.
Extra Protection for a Bell Tent: Although all CanvasCamp tents are waterproof and treated for mold and UV resistance, the Fly acts as a double roof which provides double the protection. Made of lightweight and durable 70D nylon, this second roof keeps rain and snow off of your tent while still allowing the canvas to breathe freely underneath it. Organic material like dead leaves and bird poop can cause stains and mold, the fly makes it easy to keep your tent clean by preventing nature from soiling your canvas in the first place. As a sunshade for your bell tent the fly blocks 90% of damaging rays from the sun which can erode the protective treatment on your canvas over time.
Washable and Retreatable: To keep this flysheet in good condition, it is advisable to wash it manually instead of using a machine. You can use a mild detergent and warm water to gently scrub the dirt and stains. Then rinse it thoroughly and let it dry in a shaded area. Avoid using bleach, hot water or dryers as they may damage the fabric. It can be retreated for waterproofing with a nylon specific solution like Nixwax.
Portable: The bell tent fly is extremely lightweight and packs down into a matching carry bag.
Standalone Sunshade: Although the fly was designed for use with a bell tent, it can be pitched separately as a beautiful bell tent shaped shelter. A Sibley pole set of a compatible size and extra stakes can be purchased separately, or you can simply use the poles and stakes included with your Sibley when your application calls for a lighter faster set up than pitching a bell tent.
- Sibley bell tent fly
- Guy ropes
- Carry bag